Monday, May 30, 2011

U-Lead #2: Natalia Londoño




I've been involved with operation smile since 2009, I remember my first experience with it was a conference that we took in Panama that was similar to ULEAD conference, but it wasnt at all, my team leader was Barron, and I remember that I was always asking him about how to become a team leader here in Panama. That year I graduate from school so in 2010 I wasn’t that involved in every Operation Smile activities because I didn’t have enough time, but I was always helping with donations or some other little things. This year I returned to be an active volunteer because I have more time to assist in all the activities, so I was invited to the U-LEAD conference given here in Panama. It was an amazing experience because even though I have already went to an ISLC in Virginia, the U-lead given by James, Jennifer, Megan and Danielle was amazing because it was a very close and touching experience. Two months later, I had the fortune to be chosen as a leader in the first U-Lead given and organized in Panama by US!! First when they told me I was a little nervous because I had never had this experience of speaking in front of so many people. But I assumed the challenge because it was an opportunity that couldn’t be missed and that would help me to improve my skills of that I´ve always wanted to be in the organization, a leader. It turned out to be an amazing experience, we all made an excellent team work so that everything worked out in a good way, I think we fulfilled our purpose with the people who attended the conference, and we had the pleasure to work with people with a great motivation and a deep desire to be part of this wonderful organization. We divide all in 4 diferent groups, each one presented the 4 pilars and we did it in a very dynamic way, they were all very creative and participative in all the activities that we planned for them, we also talked about nutrition and dental hygiene and im sure that they loved the U-LEAD conference. I feel very gratefull to had this experience and more than anything of being part of Operation Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment